Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dan Cox agonising Wimbledon Debut appearance

DAN COX agonising to secure his debut appearance in Wimbledon Championship in the Men's Singles . The 20-year-old has played in from the Futures tour to the more competitive Challenger events. Decision on whether or not Dan Cox achieves his dream in 2011 lies with the All England Tennis Club. According to tournament rules players should be in the top 250 in the world before they can be recommended by LTA for inclusion, but still All England Tennis Club can offer wildcards to.dan cox

"The fact that I am only 20 will go in my favour, but if I am not given a wildcard into the main Wimbledon draw, I will have to go through the qualifying matches and try and get in that way, Dan Cox said. he added "If I don't get there this year, then I will have to double my efforts to get there next year."

Cox won the first round in Italy beating Jan-Lennard Struff of Germany by 6-2, 6-2. But in the second round, he lost to current world number 184 Matthew Ebden of Australia by 6-2, 7-5.He will be in action again at Nottingham from May 29 2011.

More On Wimbledon >> Wimbledon 2011, Wimbledon News

No comments: